Saturday, December 26, 2009

extra protection

The iphone white comes in the ipod white familiar to users for a several years now. Porcelain smooth white body with an elegant glass touch screen framed by a hi-tech chrome frame. There's a couple of discreet silver buttons - one for switching off the volume and the other's purpose escapes me.
My gripe is the little white plastic cap on the sim card cradle, the material on this bit feels out of place with the rest of the body.

One of the first things I did was get some extra protection for my iphone.
I'm normally carefuly with my gadgets but with the iphone, i definitely need something more. I usually have the phone either in my pocket or bag where it needs to cohabitate with any number of small bits like keys or coins which are sure to scratch the surface.

A second skin - leather, slim, functional, these were my criteria. I ended up with a nice little brown number from viva. (ST101c) VIVA Madrid LUXE Leather Case for iPhone 3G/3GS

I'm pretty happy with this addition for it's simple minimalist form which aptly reflects the stylings of it's precious cargo. The case uses a hard plastic (?) case underneath the leather that holds the iphone snugly and adds only about 2 mm to the dimensions each way.

Now for the bad bit - it's my old nemesis the sim card cradle cap! It sticks out off the top of the phone and snags the leather case's flip lid catch. So every time you close the lid, the edge of the inner lining is forced back, this probably puts a lot of stress on the stitching at this point so I wouldnt be surprised if this came apart a few months down the line (fingers crossed)!

No comments:

Post a Comment